According to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan from May 2, it was decided to reorganize the Tashkent State Technical University named after Abu Raykhan Beruni (TSTU) on the basis of TSTU and the Institute of ion-plasma and laser technologies of Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
According to the document, followings have been determined as the main objectives of the Tashkent State Technical University named after Abu Rayhan Beruni:
- providing high-quality, at par with the international standards training, retraining and advanced training of highly qualified specialists in the field of engineering, energy, geology and mining, electronics and instrumentation engineering of intelligent systems;
- conducting applied research and development aimed at solving scientific and technological problems of development of branches of economy, approbation and the introduction of foreign advanced technology;
- development of state educational standards, curricula and programs, scientific and methodical literature on the relevant technical and industrial fields and professions based on the experience of educational institutions of foreign countries and the needs of the economy;
- developing partnerships with leading foreign higher educational institutions and research centers in order to implement joint research projects, attraction of foreign specialists in the scientific and educational process.
It is established that TSTU is the main higher educational institution of the Republic in the field of training in engineering areas of higher education.
According to the document, the Ministry of higher and secondary special education of the Republic of Uzbekistan has been instructed to:
- in cooperation with TSTU until August 1, 2016 to implement the necessary measures for the reorganization of faculties and departments of TSTU in accordance with the updated organizational structure and to provide the staffing of the newly organized Faculty of engineering systems and Engineering physics faculty with highly qualified teaching staff;
- together with the Ministry of economy, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan and NHC "Uzbekneftegaz" in a month term to submit to the Cabinet a draft decree on the transfer of a contingent of students of the Faculty of oil and gas to the branch branch of Russian state university of oil and gas named I. M. Gubkin in Tashkent city;
In accordance with the document, it is also decided to abolish the Institute of ion-plasma and laser technologies of Academy of Sciences and Specialized design-technological bureau under it. At the same time, the certification Commission will be established, for attestation of scientific and engineering employees of the abolished Institute with the involvement of qualified professionals in the newly created and reorganized departments, specialized departments and laboratories.
The building of the Institute located at Tashkent, Durmon Yuli street, 33 will be free of charge transferred from the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the balance of TSTU. In addition, the Institute building, located at Tashkent, Durmon Yuli street, 28 will be transferred from the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the balance of NHC “Uzbekneftegaz” further expansion of the branch of Russian state university of oil and gas named I. M. Gubkin in Tashkent city.