The Ministry of Internal Affairs is instructed to develop, by January 1, a mechanism that would enable remote payment through the billing system of the state duty for services for registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons.
The Cabinet of Ministers has adopted a resolution on measures to simplify the procedure for registering foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Republic of Uzbekistan. The document approved the following provisions:
- on the procedure for temporary registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons who arrived from foreign countries at the Migration and Citizenship Registration Departments, accommodation facilities or medical institutions through the electronic system;
- on the procedure for registering foreign citizens and stateless persons at the place of permanent residence in the Republic of Karakalpakstan and regions;
- on the procedure for registering foreign citizens and stateless persons at the place of permanent residence in the city of Tashkent and the Tashkent region.
With the help of a special electronic program E-mexmon, foreign citizens arriving for a temporary residence can be registered by the administrators of the accommodation (hotel, hostel, recreation area, etc.) or individuals who have invited them to stay (at the time of arrival, if the period of stay in the country does not exceed 30 days).
If the period of stay of a foreign guest exceeds 30 days, the receiving individual must contact the territorial offices of the migration agency and register the foreign national.
Foreign citizens arriving on their own and planning to spend their holidays in tents or other places of accommodation can also use the E-mexmon program.
A certain category of foreigners are exempted from temporary registration, in particular:
- members of government delegations;
- people having UN passports;
- people accredited by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- children under the age of 16;
- people arriving on holidays or weekends for up to three days;
- aircraft crew members and others.
In connection with the pandemic, administrative measures for violating the rules of stay are not applied until the end of the quarantine period against foreign nationals whose temporary stay in the quarantine zone has expired, as well as the homeowners and officials who received them.
Citizens of foreign states with which a visa-free regime has been established, as well as foreign citizens who have a visa, can apply in the prescribed manner to the territorial internal affairs body to renew registration at the place of temporary stay through the inviting (receiving) of their individuals and legal entities.