President Shavkat Mirziyoyev has signed the decree on the establishment of the Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health.
“This is to approve the proposals of the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction, the Ministry of Higher and Specialized Secondary Education and the khokimiyat of the Fergana region about the establishment of the Fergana Medical Institute of Public Health on the basis of the Fergana branch of the Tashkent Medical Academy,” the document states.
The main areas of activity of the Institute are:
• Organization of the training of specialist-physicians for healthcare institutions, as well as for epidemiological well-being services;
• Training of personnel through joint educational and academic mobility programs in cooperation with leading foreign medical higher education institutions;
• Introduction of advanced and remote educational technologies in the training of specialists, attracting highly qualified professors-teachers, developing and implementing e-learning resources;
• Support for the development of scientific and pedagogical potential, active improvement of pedagogical technologies and teaching methods;
• Carrying out innovative, applied and fundamental scientific research in the areas of health, epidemiological and public health, disease prevention, parasitology and microbiology; virology, as well as the development of a healthy lifestyle, with their results directed to solving existing problems in medical practice, etc.
Admission to the Institute is subject to the state’s annual request for admission to higher educational establishments and is based on additional admission criteria.