According to the relevant decision of the Senate, Kholmumin Yodgorov has been appointed Chairman of the Supreme Council of Judges.
As UzA reports, in this regard, he was relieved of his post as Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Court.
The Chairman of the Board:
• directs the activities of the Council and is personally responsible for the implementation of the tasks assigned to it;
• convenes and chairs meetings of the Council;
• submits issues to the Council for its consideration;
• acts on behalf of the Council in relations with government agencies, public and international organizations;
• makes proposals to the President of Uzbekistan on the candidates nominated for relevant positions in the Council;
• appoints and dismisses the staff of the Executive Office of the Council;
• assigns tasks to the staff of the Executive Office of the Council;
• gives career ranks to the staff of the Executive Office of the Council;
• approves the cost estimates of the Council and provides organizational management of financial-economic activities;
The Chairman of the Board may exercise other powers in accordance with the legislation.