Uzbekistan is opening mosques for Friday prayers. This is stated in the decision of the Special Republican Commission on the preparation of a program of measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to the decision, congregational prayers (Friday and Saturday-Sunday religious services) will be allowed in religious organizations.
Deputy Prime Minister Aziz Abdukhakimov, a member of the Special Commission, told Kun.uz that the congregational prayers will be allowed from Friday, September 4, 2020.
In this case, mosques and other religious facilities are required to comply with the following sanitary regulations:
• ensuring social distance between visitors;
• wearing medical masks by employees of religious organizations and visitors;
• ensuring strict observance of sanitary-hygienic requirements, regular disinfection of premises, equipping their entrances and exits with pyrometers, antiseptics and disinfectant “beds”;
• cleaning the rooms and its equipment with disinfectants after each religious prayer;
• installing decontamination equipment (ultraviolet lamps, etc.) in buildings and rooms, as well as in the air circulation system.
• preventing the entry of visitors with a body temperature of 37 C or higher or who have symptoms of the infection;
• preventing the mass gathering of people at the entrances and exits of religious organizations.