The President signed the decree “On measures for further improvement of the state healthcare management system”.
In accordance with the document, the health system:
• establishes the post of Deputy Health Minister – Head of the Central Health Department of Tashkent;
• abolishes the post of Deputy Health Minister – Director-General of the National Scientific Center for Emergency Medical Care.
In addition, in accordance with the decree:
• the Minister of Health of Karakalpakstan and the heads of the regional health administrations shall be appointed and dismissed by the Minister of Health in consultation with the Chairman of the Jokargy Kenes or the regional khokims;
• heads of territorial medical institutions shall be appointed and dismissed by the Minister of Health of Karakalpakstan, heads of health departments of the regions or the head of the Main Department of Health of Tashkent in consultations with the Minister of Health and the Chairman of Jokargy Kenes of Karakalpakstan, khokims of regions or khokim of Tashkent.
• the document also states that from November 1 of this year, employees of the central apparatus of the Ministry of Health and the territorial health authorities will be paid monthly seniority bonuses in the following amounts:
- from 1 to 3 years – 0.3%;
- 3 to 5 years – 0.6%;
- 5 to 10 years – 0.8%;
- 10 to 15 years – 1%;
- 15 to 20 years – 1.2%;
- over 20 years – 1.5%.