The draft law “On the State Budget of Uzbekistan for 2021” has been published on the portal for discussing draft normative-legal acts.
The amount of funds allocated for almost all government agencies has increased.
According to the project, it is proposed to transfer the followings to the district and city budgets:
• property tax levied on individuals;
• land tax levied on individuals;
• income tax paid on the basis of the declaration on the annual income of individuals from the lease of property and paid by individual entrepreneurs;
• the tax on the use of water resources (except for the tax paid by power plants), except for the case specified in part 4 of this article;
• types of taxes for subsoil use on construction materials.
The project also envisages the allocation of:
• 29 billion soums to the Senate of Oliy Majlis (19 billion soums for 2020);
• 162 billion soums to the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis (111 billion soums for 2020);
• 784 billion soums to the Presidential Administration (721 billion soums for 2020);
• 1.508 trillion soums to the Cabinet of Ministers (1.422 trillion soums for 2020) – including 903 billion soums to the reserve fund of the Cabinet of Ministers;
• 1.375 trillion soums to the Prosecutor General’s Office (869 billion soums for 2020);
• 635 billion soums to the Supreme Court of Uzbekistan (432 billion soums for 2020);
• 3.428 trillion soums to the Ministry of Health (3.073 trillion soums for 2020) – including 198 billion soums for vaccination of children;
• 140 billion soums to the Ministry for Mahalla and Family Support (128 billion soums for 2020) – including 125 billion soums for transfers to the State Targeted Fund for Women and Family Support;
• 553 billion soums to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (399 billion soums for 2020) – including 268 billion soums for the maintenance of embassies and consulates abroad;
• 1.139 trillion soums to the Ministry of Physical Culture and Sports (623 billion soums for 2020) – including the cost of preparation for and participation in the Olympic Games;
• 5.434 trillion soums to the Ministry of Preschool Education (4.647 trillion soums for 2020) – including 600 billion soums for subsidies to preschool education institutions established on the basis of public-private partnership;
• 1.047 trillion soums to the Ministry of Housing and Communal Services (1.306 trillion soums for 2020) – including 782 billion soums for the development of drinking water and sewage systems to provide the population with clean drinking water;
• 556 billion soums to the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction (222 billion soums for 2020), including 200 billion soums to the State Fund for Entrepreneurship Support;
• 4.951 trillion soums to the Ministry of Transport (2.649 trillion soums for 2020);
• 148 billion soums to the State Committee for Tourism Development (234 billion soums for 2020) – including 100 billion soums to cover part of the costs of investors for the construction and equipment of new hotels.
It is also planned to allocate 427 billion soums to the National Television and Radio Company of Uzbekistan next year (410 billion soums in 2020). This will be used to cover current expenditures (377 billion soums), capital investments for the design, construction (reconstruction) and equipment of facilities (50 billion soums).
The Ministry of Energy, one of the most important sectors of the country’s social life, is expected to receive 43.8 billion soums. These funds will be used for capital expenditures of the ministry, design, construction (reconstruction) and equipment of facilities.
The public discussion of the project, announced by the Finance Ministry on October 28, will continue until November 12 this year.