A presidential decree on the development of domestic and pilgrimage tourism has been issued. The decree provides for the establishment of an Interdepartmental Commission for the expeditious consideration of transport and logistics issues.
The Commission will have the following powers:
• resolving disputes arising in the establishment and operation of foreign as well as domestic airlines in the field of tourism and investment through negotiations;
• simplifying the system of air access, attracting low-cost carriers, promptly addressing issues that hinder the expansion of the geography of flights through the principle of “linking”;
• involving foreign companies in the opening of new air routes to all airports where the “open skies” regime has been introduced, identifying and eliminating obstacles for the effective implementation of their projects;
• attracting investment through the improvement of ground handling at airports, revising and optimizing fixed prices;
• expanding interregional road transport, organizing new routes, as well as taking measures to quickly address existing problems in this area;
• improving the procedure for attracting business entities to the system of rail transport, including rail carriages and containers, promptly addressing problems in this area.
It should be recalled that on October 28, 2020, the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis heard a government report on the implementation of the state program in the 3rd quarter. In it, Deputy Prime Minister – Chairman of the State Committee for Tourism Development Aziz Abdukhakimov spoke about plans to restore tourism in the country and said that measures are being taken to attract low-cost carriers to Uzbekistan.