Several commercial banks in Uzbekistan raised the US dollar exchange rate on Thursday, March 10.
Many of the banks have set the purchase rate at 10,885 – 10,910 soums and the sale at 10,930 – 10,975 soums. For the first time, the exchange rate of the dollar has reached the 10,975 soums mark.
Below is a list of some banks that have already set a new dollar rate:
• Universalbank: purchase - 10,870, sale - 10,930;
• Agrobank: purchase - 10,900, sale - 10,975;
• Kapitalbank: purchase - 10,910, sale - 10,960;
• NBU: purchase - 10,900, sale - 10,970;
• Hamkorbank: purchase - 10,900, sale - 10,960.
The official dollar exchange rate of the Central Bank (as of March 10) is 10,918.68 soums.
In 2021, the Uzbek soum depreciated by 3.4% - the fall was the lowest since 2018. However, this year the Accounts Chamber expects a considerable increase in the US dollar exchange rate.