A draft resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers “On development of draft legislations in 2019 and program of submitting them to the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan for approval” was placed on the portal of discussions of normative-legislative acts.
The document envisages the development of draft laws in 2019 and program of introducing them to the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
According to the program, a new edition of the draft law “On competition” will be developed.
The draft law envisages:
• a serious reconsideration of the list of areas of natural monopoly in order to reduce the scope of state-regulated activities;
• improvement of the anti-monopoly mechanism;
• taking appropriate measures against monopolistic enterprises, as well as with natural monopoly entities;
• ensuring the balance between the intellectual property rights and antimonopoly rights;
• regulating the market of information systems.
Adoption of the draft law will strengthen the regulation in the sphere of natural monopolies, increase the responsibility of the subjects of natural monopolies against violation of the law, as well as the regulation of competition in the field of information-communication technologies.
Responsible executors for the development of draft law are the State Competition Committee, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Economy, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Intellectual Property Agency.
It was noted the deadline for submitting to the Cabinet of Ministers is by November 2019 and approximate duration of inclusion in the Legislative Chamber is by December 2019.