In Samarkand, on the night of June 8-9, an explosion occurred on the first floor of a nine-storey residential building, stv.uz reports.
The alleged cause of the incident was a gas leak. According to local media, there are no injuries.
According to eyewitnesses, at the time of the accident the apartment was empty. One of the owners currently resides abroad. From time to time, the owner’s sister looks after the apartment, who a couple of days ago came and was at the scene, neighbors recall.
The fire was extinguished by firefighters. At the moment, causes of the explosion are being studied.