The State Tax Committee has published the first list of major taxpayers in Uzbekistan. It included 1416 companies from all regions. Companies were selected based on several criteria:
- enterprises producing excisable goods;
- commercial banks and their branches, commodity, stock and currency exchanges;
- SE “Navoi MMC”, JSC “Almalyksky MMC” and their constituent organizations;
- organizations involved in the performance of work under production sharing agreements;
- legal entities whose net revenue for the past calendar year is more than 100 billion soums.
Large taxpayers will be engaged in a special inspection. It will include 116 people - tax officials and specialists from large enterprises who have been selected.
Now the tax administration of large enterprises in Uzbekistan is carried out by the district tax inspectorates, which does not allow full implementation of tax control.
This is, in particular, due to the complex structure of large taxpayers, the huge number of business transactions and colossal cash flows, the presence of partnerships with various companies, which allows them to apply various tax schemes.