Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed a resolution “On the creation of an innovative scientific and production pharmaceutical cluster Tashkent Pharma Park”.
According to the document, the cluster will be created in the Qibray district, Tashkent region.
The above cluster includes the creation of the Pharmaceutical Technical University.
The university will consist of:
- scientific-research centers and laboratories;
- educational research laboratories and vivarium;
- pharmacopeia center;
- symposium center with a hotel;
- hostels for students, teachers and foreign employees;
- sports and fitness complex, pool and stadium;
- an industrial zone consisting of production facilities for producing innovative medicines, medical devices and medical equipment.
“Preliminary agreement has been reached on creating a university with its own infrastructure by attracting long-term soft loans from the Government of the Republic of Korea through the Economic Development Cooperation Fund (EDCF),” the document says.
The University will be engaged in the implementation of innovative and effective educational programs aimed at improving and modernizing the training system in the pharmaceutical industry.