Antitrust control systems will be introduced at 9 large state-owned enterprises, such as Uzbekistan Airways and UzAuto Motors. This trial experiment will begin on January 1.
From January 1, 2021, the antitrust compliance system will be introduced in 9 state-owned enterprises. This was stated in the decree of President Shavkat Mirziyoyev dated June 29, 2020.
According to the document, the system will be implemented as an experiment in the following organizations:
• Uzbekistan Airways JSC
• Quartz JSC
• Asaka JSCB
• UzAuto Motors JSC
• Uztransgaz JSC
• Navoiyazot JSC
• Thermal Power Stations JSC
• National Electric Networks of Uzbekistan JSC
• Kyzylkumsement JSC
For information, the main functions of the antitrust compliance system are as follows:
• preventing the violation of the requirements of the legislation on competition by public administration, local executive authorities and business entities;
• effective management of risks associated with violations of the law on competition;
• formation of fair business practices.
Also, the introduction of the antitrust compliance system from January 1, 2022, is mandatory for all entities that meet the following criteria:
• natural monopoly entities;
• business entities with a dominant position in commodity or financial markets;
• corporate customers, the average annual total revenue from the sale of goods (works, services) for the last three years exceeds 30 billion soums.