17:30 / 04.01.2021
689
Boiler explodes at school in Samarkand killing one man

An explosion of a boiler room in one of the schools of Samarkand caused the death of a man, Daryo reports.

The incident occurred at night on January 2 at High School No.4.

At about 11:00, there was a 40-minute power outage in the school and surrounding area. At that time, a 50-year-old man decided to check the boiler room and entered there. This is when the boiler exploded, causing him serious injuries.

The victim was taken to the Samarkand branch of the Republican Scientific Center for Emergency Medical Care. On January 3, despite hospitalization and medical care, the man died.

Top