On April 4, a regular meeting of the Senate Council was held. At the meeting, a resolution was adopted to convene the thirty-ninth plenary session of the Senate on April 6 this year.
According to the press service of the parliament, at the next plenary session, which will be held in the form of videoconferencing, it is planned to discuss a number of laws and issues.
Among them are the laws:
- "On the provision of legal assistance at the expense of the state";
- "On the introduction of amendments and addenda to the Administrative Responsibility Code to further strengthen the protection of the state border of Uzbekistan";
- "On the introduction of amendments and addenda to some legislative acts of Uzbekistan in connection with the further improvement of the system of reliable protection of the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of women and children";
- "On the introduction of amendments and addenda to the Criminal Code to ensure the inevitability of liability for corruption crimes";
- "On ratification of the agreement between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan on the transfer of persons sentenced to imprisonment for further serving their sentences (Nur-Sultan, December 6, 2021) ";
- "On the ratification of the agreement between the government of Uzbekistan and the government of Azerbaijan on cooperation in the military field (Tashkent, June 21, 2022) ";
- "On the ratification of the agreement between the government of Uzbekistan and the government of Azerbaijan on military-technical cooperation (Tashkent, June 21, 2022)".
In addition, the senators will hear a report from the Commissioner for Human Rights of the Oliy Majlis (Ombudsman) on activities in 2022 and information from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on activities last year.
The agenda of the plenary session also provides for consideration of issues on sending a parliamentary request to the Cultural Heritage Agency on measures to ensure the storage and safety of museum objects and collections, on the implementation of the Senate resolution of October 7, 2022, on the realization of certain tasks to ensure environmental stability and wide introduction of modern innovative technologies in the Aral Sea region.