The President signed the law “On amendments and additions to some legislative acts of the Republic of Uzbekistan in connection with the improvement of legislation in the areas of ecology and public order”.
The document amends the Administrative Responsibility Code, the laws “On Internal Affairs Bodies” and “On the National Guard of the Republic of Uzbekistan”. They provide for the empowerment of the internal affairs bodies and the National Guard with the powers necessary to bring to administrative responsibility the perpetrators who have committed offenses in the field of ecology and environmental protection, Norma reports.
Also, the patrol service of the internal affairs bodies is given the authority to file administrative offenses in the field of public order, in connection with cruelty to animals, the use of alcoholic beverages in public places, and others.
Thus, additions to Article 248 of the Administrative Responsibility Code determine that the following persons have the right to draw up a protocol on an administrative offense on behalf of the internal affairs bodies:
• officials of the units of the DIA patrol service;
• senior inspectors and inspectors for preventing the DIA strongholds.
In accordance with the amendments to Article 2481 of the Administrative Responsibility Code, the heads of the following have the right to consider cases of administrative offenses and apply administrative penalties in the form of a fine on behalf of the National Guard bodies:
• management of the organization of public order protection of the National Guard, his deputy and heads of departments;
• Directorate of Coordination of Inquiry of the National Guard and his deputy;
• departments of the National Guard for Karakalpakstan, regions and Tashkent, their deputies and heads of departments of inquiry;
• the main security department of the National Guard and his deputies;
• departments for the protection of objects of state bodies of the main department of protection of the National Guard and his deputies;
• security departments of Karakalpakstan, regions and Tashkent, district (city) departments of the Main Security Directorate of the National Guard and their deputies.
To draw up a protocol on violation of legislation on the protection and use of flora and fauna, military personnel (employees) of the National Guard can now deliver the offender to the internal affairs body or to the premises of the self-government body of citizens.
It should be recalled that employees of the internal affairs bodies, public inspectors of ecology and environmental protection, public hunting inspectors, public fish protection inspectors and public forest inspectors can deliver the offender. Corresponding changes have been made to the 3rd part of Article 284 of the Administrative Responsibility Code.
With amendments to the law “On Internal Affairs Bodies” and the law “On the National Guard of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, employees of the internal affairs bodies and military personnel of the National Guard must now take measures to protect the environment and take measures to combat offenses in this field.