17:42 / 18.05.2024

Bukhara Oil Refinery to stop production of AI-80 petrol

The Bukhara Oil Refinery will start phasing out the production of AI-80 petrol in favor of higher-octane types such as AI-91, with a complete stop projected from the beginning of 2025.

Odil Temirov, Deputy Chairman for Processing at JSC Uzbekneftegaz, announced on May 14 during the Energy Week in Tashkent that the Bukhara Oil Refinery will cease the production of AI-80 petrol entirely starting 2025.

He also noted that the negotiations have started with Axens, a French company, to use its technologies for parallel project design under a licensing agreement.

"The parties should finalize the main project by September. Concurrently, we are working with the CNPC (China National Petroleum Corporation) division, which has been selected as the main contractor, and the preparatory works are proceeding. We are phasing out the production of AI-80 petrol. In November-December, we will start producing AI-91 and AI-92 instead of AI-80, and from the beginning of 2025, full cessation will begin," Temirov explained.

It is pointed out that currently, 85% of the refinery’s production is AI-80, with the remaining 15% being AI-92. This ratio is set to change starting from November.

Previously, during a meeting on December 29, 2023, President Shavkat Mirziyoyev gave a directive to Prime Minister Abdulla Aripov to decisively resolve the issue of discontinuing AI-80 petrol by 2025.

Related News