The bureau is a government agency whose director is appointed and dismissed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with the presidential administration, norma.uz writes.
The main objectives and activities of the bureau are defined as:
- provision of simultaneous and consecutive translation support for official events with the participation of the President and the Prime Minister, heads and senior officials of foreign countries and international organizations;
- implementation of written translation of materials prepared in the framework of official events, as well as assistance in establishing the authenticity of the texts of draft international treaties concluded by Uzbekistan in the state and foreign languages;
- preparation of highly qualified translators from the graduates of the University of World Economy and Diplomacy (UWED), Uzbek State University of World Languages (USUWL) and other specialized higher educational institutions;
- ensuring the development of foreign language skills of the Foreign Ministry employees, as well as employees of international relations departments of other state bodies (on a contractual basis);
- provision of interpretation and translation services to state and economic management bodies, local government bodies and other organizations on a contractual basis.
Also, the bureau will provide services of interpretation and translation on a fee basis.
It will cooperate with the UWED and USUWL on training issues.