On the portal of discussions of normative-legal acts, a draft presidential decree “On measures for application and implementation in the Republic of Uzbekistan of normative-legal acts and other regulatory documents of the Russian Federation in the field of atomic energy use” has been placed.
“In accordance with the agreement between the Government of Uzbekistan and the Government of Russia on cooperation in the construction of a nuclear power plant on the territory of Uzbekistan signed on September 7, 2018 in Moscow, an agreement was reached on the application of federal norms and rules of the Russian Federation in the field of atomic energy use when choosing a site, designing, building and guaranteeing operation of a nuclear power plant consisting of two power units using a water-cooled power reactor according to the Russian project,” the draft document says.
As part of implementing the investment project, the normative-legal acts of the Russian Federation will be applied when:
- performance of work and provision of services by foreign and local organizations and individuals for placement, surveys, project, expertise, design, production, construction (including installation, commissioning, testing, executive documentation, intermediate acceptance), commissioning, operation, reconstruction, modernization, overhaul, decommissioning of nuclear facilities;
- licensing of activities in the field of atomic energy use;
- organization and conduct of safety expertise (safety justification examinations) of nuclear facilities;
- transportation, handling, storage of nuclear materials, disposal of radioactive waste;
- state regulation of the safety of nuclear facilities.
If the document is adopted, the Cabinet of Ministers will be entrusted within three months to approve a government decision providing for establishment and organization of activities, as well as sources of funding for the Scientific-Research Center for the development of a national regulatory framework of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the field of atomic energy.