The number of applicants willing to study at higher educational institutions of Uzbekistan has exceeded 800,000. This was reported by Deputy Prime Minister Aziz Abdukhakimov.
To date, applicants have expressed interest in the following universities most:
Top three universities by the number of registered applicants:
1) Andijan Medical Institute – 18.69 applicants per seat;
2) Jizzakh branch of the National University of Uzbekistan – 18.57 applicants per seat;
3) Termez branch of the Tashkent medical academy – 15.11 applicants per seat.
Top three faculties by the number of registered applicants:
1) “Primary education, sports and educational work” – 62,023 applicants;
2) “Pre-school education” – 60,368 applicants;
3) “Physical training” – 33,942 applicants;
Top three regions with the largest number of registered applicants:
1) Kashkadarya region – 91,476 applicants;
2) Samarkand region – 88,496 applicants;
3) Fergana region – 75,956 applicants.
It should be noted that this year 69 high-capacity buildings have been selected for conducting entrance examinations in Tashkent and regional centers.
Currently, local authorities, the Ministry for IT Development and Communications, as well as specialists of the State Testing Center are taking organizational measures in the selected 69 buildings to conduct tests transparently and objectively, ensuring conditions for the public and parents to observe the process online, the report reads.