President Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed a decree that envisages creation of the Agency for Development of Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
The Agency will become a state body for expanding and increasing the effectiveness of the system for supporting the development of entrepreneurship, involving broad sections of the population in doing business, providing access to sources of start-up capital.
The new structure is a republican government body and reports to the Ministry of Economy and Industry of Uzbekistan on its activities.
The Agency’s main objectives are:
- implementation of a unified state policy aimed at developing small and medium-sized businesses, all forms of private entrepreneurship;
- development and implementation of state and regional programs for improving small business and entrepreneurship, together with the Council of Ministers of Karakalpakstan, administrations of the regions and the city of Tashkent;
- organizing coordination of activities of authorized state bodies and organizations in the field of further stimulating development of small business and entrepreneurship, creating favorable conditions for improving the business environment;
- study, including on the basis of surveys, of the current state of the business environment and preparation of proposals to simplify the procedures for provision of land plots and implementation of construction and installation works;
- introduction of result-oriented tools aimed at stimulating business expansion, formation of integral chains of creating added value, development of modern technologies, growth of exports, creation of permanent jobs;
- close cooperation with the Business Ombudsman and the Prime Minister’s receptions for consideration of entrepreneurs’ appeals in the preparation of state and regional programs for development of small business and entrepreneurship, and working out proposals for improving legislation in this area.