This is stated in the presidential decree PQ-4772 of July 2, 2020.
The loan will be allocated for the implementation of the project “Urgent measures against coronavirus COVID-19 in Uzbekistan” for a period of 30 years, with a grace period of 5 years.
The fund will be directed to strengthening the national health system to take urgent measures against COVID-19, purchasing medical supplies, medical equipment and facilities to strengthen the material and technical base of medical institutions, expanding the system of temporary allowances for low-income families and the unemployed during the quarantine period.
The Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Finance are responsible for the targeted use of credit and the effective implementation of the project.
The heads of the responsible executive ministries and departments, the chairman of the Council of Ministers of Karakalpakstan, the khokims of the regions and the city of Tashkent have been entrusted with the following specific responsibilities:
- Preparation of medical facilities for installation and assembly of equipment purchased under the project;
- Creating the necessary conditions for the implementation of project activities;
- Ensuring targeted assignment and timely payment of social benefits under the project.
Expenses related to the repayment of the loan, as well as fees for commissions and other expenses are covered from the state budget.
The followings have been confirmed:
- Parameters of the project “Emergency measures against coronavirus COVID-19 in Uzbekistan”;
- Forecast schedule of repayment of the World Bank loan and payment of interest and commissions on the credit in the framework of the project “Emergency measures against coronavirus COVID-19 in Uzbekistan”.
Goods (services) imported into the country at the expense of debts of international financial institutions and international debts of government organizations are exempt from customs duties (except for customs clearance fees) and goods (services) purchased at their expense – from VAT.
The document came into force on July 2, 2020.