In the 2020/21 academic year, more than 1 million students have submitted their applications to the admissions committee. The State Testing Center announced the TOP-5 higher education institutions that received the most applications.
The TOP-5 list includes the following universities:
1. Samarkand State University – 75,325 people, with 32,903 applying for full-time courses, 38,042 for part-time and 4,380 for evening classes.
2. Karshi State University – 58,118 people, with 24,432 full-time and 33,686 part-time applicants.
3. Andijan State University – 57,498 people, with 28 387 full-time and 29,111 part-time applicants.
4. Urgench State University - 53,255 people, with 25,471 full-time and 27,784 part-time applicants.
5. Termez State University – 51,787 people, with 26,397 applications for full-time, 24,996 for part-time courses and 394 for evening classes.
The highest competition (relative to the first chosen field of study):
- Andijan Medical Institute - 27.81 for one place.
- Tashkent State Law University - 24.35 for one place;
- Tashkent Medical Academy - 24.2 for one place.
- Fergana branch of the Tashkent Medical Academy - 22.58 for one place.
- Navoi State Mining Institute - 19.5 for one place.