The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has answered frequently asked questions about the procedure for entering and leaving the country during the lockdown.
The procedure for entering the Republic of Uzbekistan for citizens during the quarantine:
1. From June 15, 2020, quarantine measures have been simplified for entering Uzbekistan through air traffic for the following category of citizens:
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign countries and members of their families;
- specialists of foreign companies and other organizations working in Uzbekistan within the framework of investment projects;
- persons traveling for medical purposes;
- foreign citizens, as well as stateless persons with permanent residence in Uzbekistan.
This category of citizens does not need to apply to the relevant authorities of the Republic of Uzbekistan for obtaining consent to enter the country.
2. Citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan temporarily staying and permanently residing abroad and wishing to come to their homeland by air services do not face any restrictions on entry into the territory of the Republic.
3. Citizens traveling to other countries in transit through Uzbekistan are allowed to pass through the territory of the Republic on the basis of a preliminary request from diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan.
The procedure for leaving the Republic of Uzbekistan for citizens during the quarantine:
1. From June 15, 2020, quarantine measures have been simplified for leaving Uzbekistan by air for the following category of citizens of the Republic:
- citizens traveling for medical purposes;
- citizens who have close relatives abroad or whose seriously ill relatives are undergoing treatment in foreign countries;
- citizens of Uzbekistan who have a residence permit in other countries;
- citizens traveling abroad for study or work.
This category of citizens does not need to apply to the relevant authorities of Uzbekistan for obtaining consent to leave the country.
2. Before leaving Uzbekistan and, accordingly, before purchasing an air ticket, citizens specified in paragraph 1 are advised to contact the diplomatic mission of the destination country to obtain the necessary information on the current procedure and conditions of entry and quarantine measures in the place they are heading to.
To purchase air tickets, one must contact the representative offices of the respective airlines. At the same time, when selling tickets, airlines may request documents confirming the citizen’s right to enter the country of destination. Along with this, flights are organized in strict accordance with sanitary rules and regulations.
3. For foreign citizens staying on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the terms of expired visas are automatically extended until November 1, 2020.