11:19 / 11.12.2020
428
Six people die of carbon monoxide poisoning in Karakalpakstan  

A gas stove leak killed the family of five and their guest, the Prosecutor’s Office of Karakalpakstan told Kun.uz.

Photo: AFP / Barbara Sax

The incident happened on December 9. This was reported to the Khojayli district police department at 17:00 on the same day.

Young parents and their children, a relative who visited their house that day, died of carbon monoxide poisoning. One of the kids was 11 and the other was 7 years old.

According to Kun.uz source, the homeowners left the gas stove on at night.

The Khojayli district prosecutor’s office is investigating the case.

Top