The aim is to further improve the system of psychological services to the population and the training of psychologists.
The draft presidential resolution “On measures to radically improve the system of psychological services to the population and training in the field of psychology” has been announced.
It is noted that starting from 2021, the followings will be implemented in stages:
• psychological service centers will be established in 14 regions of the country under the auspices of higher education institutions;
• admission parameters for the training of higher education in the field of psychology will be increased by more than 30% per year;
• systematic training and internships of professors and researchers in the field of psychology in foreign educational and research institutions will be organized;
• the position of family psychologist will be introduced in the structure of district (city) mahallas;
• all psychologists working in preschool education institutions, secondary public schools, higher education institutions, the community and the family system will be trained once in 3 years in the prescribed manner;
• the network of non-governmental psychological counseling institutions operating in accordance with the established procedure and the scope of online psychological services will be expanded;
• educational programs implemented in educational institutions will be subject to psychological examination on the suitability of students for age, psychophysiological characteristics, abilities, interests and needs;
• the proposal of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, the Ministry of Public Education, the Ministry for Mahalla and Family Support, the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction, the Ministry of Finance to establish the Uzbek State University of Psychology on the basis of the Department of “Psychology” and “Sociology” to be approved.