21:40 / 15.01.2021
555
ATTO announces the results of introducing transport cards

From January 1, 2020, Uzbekistan has started to gradually implement a unified automated fare collection system on public transport.

As Timur Azadov, head of “Avtomatlashtirilgan transport to’lov tizimi operatori” (ATTO), said in an interview with Spot, 180 thousand cards were sold at the end of 2020. Of these, 142 thousand were given to passengers free of charge, that is, at the expense of the operator.

The total amount of fares paid by passengers using the new system amounted to 7.3 billion soums, of which 63% fell on the metro, the remaining 37% - on the Toshshahartransxizmat buses.

In addition, passengers paid more than 9.1 billion soums using QR-tickets, and 255.6 million soums – through HUMO bank cards.

Now all buses are equipped with mobile and stationary validators. Also, the turnstiles of the existing underground and surface metro stations have stationary validators and QR-readers for accepting payments by bank and transport cards.

Top