The number of people to be vaccinated in Uzbekistan in the first phase will be 4 million 112 thousand 668. This was announced by Vazira Mutalova, a specialist of the Sanitary-Epidemiological Surveillance and Public Health Service of Uzbekistan.
She provided information about people who will be vaccinated on a priority basis:
- Senior citizens aged 65-74 – 1,085,797;
- Elderly people aged 75-84 – 388,686;
- People 85 years of age and older – 139,280;
- Medical workers – 447,976;
- Population with chronic diseases (18-65 years) – 888,190;
- School teachers – 689,383;
- Employees of kindergartens – 223,426;
- Armed forces and law enforcement officers – 180,000.
In Uzbekistan, 3,138 vaccination have been created, 862 mobile teams (each with 1 family doctor, 1 vaccinator and 1 nurse) are involved in the vaccination process.
According to the Sanitary-Epidemiological Service and Public Health Service, vaccination against coronavirus in Uzbekistan will begin in the first half of March. Uzbekistan plans to allocate 3 trillion soums for coronavirus control measures and vaccines.
Doniyor Ganiyev, a deputy of the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis, said that low-income families will be vaccinated against coronavirus free of charge.