By a government decree of June 1, the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers “On measures to support domestic producers” has been amended.
According to the document, the following items are excluded from the list of goods produced abroad, as well as works (services) performed by foreign persons whose participation in public procurement is temporarily prohibited and limited:
- soybean oil, peanut oil, olive oil (Commodity Nomenclature of Foreign Economic Activity codes: 1507101000, 1507901000, 1508101000, 1509101000, 1509900000);
- sunflower oil (Commodity Nomenclature of Foreign Economic Activity codes: 1512111000, 1512191000, 1512199002);
- cotton oil (Commodity Nomenclature of Foreign Economic Activity codes: 1512211000, 1512291000).
To note, from May 1 to December 31, 2021, the import of vegetable oil, sunflower seeds and flax, as well as soybeans, into the territory of Uzbekistan and turnover for the production and sale of vegetable oil (except for cotton oil) is exempt from VAT.
In addition, from May 1 to December 31, 2021:
- Export customs duties are introduced for certain types of foodstuffs;
- Business entities are allowed to export not more than 50 per cent of the produced vegetable oil (TN codes VED 1512 11 - 1512 19) obtained from the processing of sunflower oil and sunflower seeds imported by these entities.