A presidential decree “On measures to organize the activities of the Public Fund for Supporting Children” was adopted.
The document approved the proposal of the Chambers of Oliy Majlis and the Cabinet of Ministers to establish, under their founding, a Public Fund for Supporting Children (Children’s Public Fund).
The main tasks of the Children’s Public Fund are:
- organizing and financing activities to identify children in a difficult situation and in need of social protection, providing them with targeted social and material assistance;
- introducing additional mechanisms for the provision of medical, social and financial assistance for the timely diagnosis of serious diseases that pose a threat to the life of children, chronic and rare (orphan) diseases, their treatment in the republic or, if necessary, in foreign countries;
- providing children from low-income families and children with disabilities with medicines, medical and prosthetic and orthopedic products free of charge, etc.
The supreme governing body of the Children’s Public Fund is the general meeting of its founders, which is held at least once a year. The Board of Trustees of the Children’s Public Fund is the governing body in the period between the general meetings of the Fund Board.
The executive director of the foundation is appointed and dismissed by the board of trustees of the Children’s Public Fund upon the recommendation of the general meeting of founders.
The Fund’s main funds are formed from:
- the state budget based on the actual disbursement of funds in 2021-2022 in the form of gratuitous financial assistance in the amount of 100 billion soums;
- voluntary donations from individuals and legal entities;
- grants allocated by state, foreign and international organizations, foreign states, etc.
The Tashkent city khokimiyat, together with the State Assets Management Agency, was instructed to place the Children’s Public Fund in a building with the necessary conditions for the effective organization of its activities on the basis of the right to free use within a month.