In 2021, a total of 74 cases related to carbon monoxide poisoning were identified. In them, 67 people were poisoned and 128 died.
As of January 25, 2022, 16 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning were registered in Uzbekistan. This was announced at the AIMC press conference with the participation of officials from the Ministry of Emergency Situations, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the State Committee for Industrial Safety and the Agency for Technical Regulation.
In the 16 cases, 9 civilians were poisoned and 28 died. In 2021, a total of 74 cases related to carbon monoxide poisoning were identified. In them, 67 people were poisoned and 128 died.
According to the analysis, the majority of cases of carbon monoxide poisoning occur for the following reasons:
- failure to comply with safety measures when using gas and alternative fuels (coal, wood, etc.) by citizens;
- use of non-standard (handmade) or uncertified heating stoves and appliances;
- improper installation of heating stove hoods;
- installation of heating stoves (appliances) adapted to gas or other alternative fuels to bedrooms;
- use of open flames (coal and wood coals) while heating non-ventilated rooms;
- closing (blocking) air exchange ventilation shafts or vents.