Several commercial banks in Uzbekistan raised the US dollar exchange rate on Tuesday, March 15.
Many of the banks have set the purchase rate at 11,100 soums and the sale at 11,200 soums. For the first time, the exchange rate of the dollar has reached the 11,200 soums mark.
Below is a list of some banks that have already set a new dollar rate:
• Universalbank: purchase - 11,100, sale - 11,200;
• Ziraatbank: purchase - 11,100, sale - 11,200;
• Agrobank: purchase - 11,100, sale - 11,200;
• Kapitalbank: purchase - 11,000, sale - 11,060;
• NBU: purchase - 11,130, sale - 11,200;
• Hamkorbank: purchase - 11,100, sale - 11,200.
The official dollar exchange rate of the Central Bank (as of March 15) is 11,033.03 soums.
In 2021, the Uzbek soum depreciated by 3.4% - the fall was the lowest since 2018. However, this year the Accounts Chamber expects a considerable increase in the US dollar exchange rate.