On the Single Portal, amendments to the Customs and Tax Codes are being discussed in accordance with the latest decrees and resolutions of the President, as well as the minutes of the videoconference dated March 4 this year.
The essence of the changes was explained by the Deputy Director of the MinFin Department Umid Khamroyev and the expert of Norma Jorilla Abdullayev.
1. Changes and additions to the Customs Code
1) According to Article 289, the rates of customs duties and taxes are established by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2) In accordance with Article 296, legal entities and individuals may be granted tariff privileges, privileges for the payment of VAT, excise tax and customs duties in accordance with the Customs Code, other laws, as well as decisions of the President.
3) According to Article 297, a privilege in the form of exemption from payment of customs duties is provided for goods purchased by legal entities within the framework of projects implemented in Uzbekistan in whole or in part at the expense of funds (loans, credits) of international financial institutions and foreign government financial organizations, under international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2. Changes and additions to the Tax Code
1) According to Article 369, income received as a result of the labor activity of self-employed persons is not included in the total income for personal income tax.
2) In Article 382: in order to improve the business environment and create conditions for sustainable economic growth through the development of private sector, the personal income tax rate is reduced – from 20% to 12% – on income (under employment agreements (contracts), civil law agreements and other income) individuals – non-residents of Uzbekistan, received from sources in Uzbekistan.
3) Article 389 is amended to provide that all tax agents – legal entities of Uzbekistan, including those with branches and (or) separate divisions with more than 25 employees, submit personal income tax returns in respect of employees of these branches and (or) separate subdivisions to the tax authority at the place of registration of such branches and (or) separate subdivisions.
4) Article 412: when calculating the taxable base for the property tax of legal entities, the taxpayer has the right to make an independent assessment of the value of real estate objects, if the cost of 1 sq. m of the object below the established minimum cost. At the same time, the results of an independent assessment are recognized as a tax base.
5) New temporary tax benefits are added to Article 483 in accordance with presidential decrees:
• in order to reduce the cost of imported supplies and materials for medical needs in the period from April 1, 2022 to January 1, 2025, the import of spare parts and components for medical equipment, medical consumables according to the lists formed in the prescribed manner is exempt from VAT;
• in order to support women's labor in the period from September 1, 2022 to January 1, 2025, economic entities pay social tax (from the wage fund of working women) at a rate of 1%, subject to the following conditions:
- the area of activity is included in the register of labor-surplus rural areas;
- the total number of employees – at least 10 people;
- wage fund for working women – at least 50% of the total wage fund;
- the economic entity belongs to the category of small business.