The company commented on reports about rising gasoline prices due to an increase in the excise tax rate on petroleum products.
Social networks and the mass media disseminated reports about an increase in gasoline prices from June 1 of this year, which is associated with an increase in excise tax rates on petroleum products.
According to the press service of Uzbekneftegaz JSC, the retail price for AI-80 gasoline, which today is 6,800 soums per 1 liter, will not increase due to changes introduced from June 1 on excise tax at UNG Petro gas stations.
At the same time, gasoline prices may change, on average, by 71 soums.
The company recalled that in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On amendments and additions to the Tax Code”, from June 1 of this year, changes are made to the following excise tax rates for petroleum products and goods sold to the final consumer:
1. excise tax rates for petroleum products:
- 1 ton of AI-80 gasoline: now - 240 thousand soums, from June 1 - 275 thousand soums (change by 35 thousand soums or 15%);
- 1 ton of AI-90 gasoline and higher brands: now - 275 thousand soums, from June 1 - 275 thousand soums (unchanged);
- 1 ton of diesel fuel: now - 240 thousand soums, from June 1 - 264 thousand soums (change of 24 thousand soums or 10%);
- 1 ton of ECO diesel fuel: now - 216 thousand soums, from June 1 - 237.6 thousand soums) (change by 21.6 thousand soums or 10%).
2. excise tax rates for goods sold to the final consumer:
- gasoline: now - 465,530 soums/ton or 350 soums/liter, from June 1 - 512 thousand soums or 385 soums/liter (change 46,470 soums or 35 soums/liter or 10%);
- diesel fuel: now - 425,918 soums/ton or 350 soums/liter, from June 1 - 468 thousand soums/ton or 385 soums/liter (change 42,082 soums or 35 soums/liter or 10%).
“When considering the above changes on the example of AI-80 gasoline, existing taxes and other mandatory payments, which are included in the average price of AI-80 at gas stations, may affect the retail price, on average, up to 71 soums (including VAT),” Uzbekneftegaz JSC concluded.