18:42 / 21.12.2022
4617

A couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Fergana 

A couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Uchkuprik district, Fergana region, the press service of the Prosecutor General’s Office reported. 

Фото: KUN.UZ

On December 21, at 08:30, according to the Uchkuprik district DIA, citizen E.Sh. (born in 1977) and his wife E.K. (born in 1995), living on Yuksalish street of the Chorbog mahalla of the district, died on the spot after being poisoned by carbon dioxide in their house.

During the inspection, it was found that a hand-made iron stove was installed in the adjacent bedroom and bathroom of the living room. The stove was connected to a propane gas cylinder through a hose and adapted for heating. On the day of the incident, the gas was not fully lit in the apartment, and carbon monoxide was released.

Currently, the district prosecutor’s office is conducting an investigation into the matter.

Related News
Top