18:46 / 03.02.2023

4 people died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Jizzakh

Two of the deceased were students.

The bodies of 4 people were found in an apartment in the city of Jizzakh. The press secretary of the Prosecutor General’s Office told Kun.uz that they died from smoke inhalation.

The incident happened on January 31.

According to the preliminary information of the experts, the heating system in the apartment was installed against the fire safety rules.

The city prosecutor’s office initiated a criminal case under Article 207 of the Criminal Code. An investigation is currently underway.

Earlier, a family of four died from CO poisoning in Kashkadarya.