Until the end of this year, Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara and Jizzakh will introduce a basic norm of electricity consumption. This was told by the Minister of Energy Alisher Sultanov.
“In accordance with the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers “On the phased change of prices and tariffs for fuel and energy resources”, approved on November 1, 2018, as an experiment in the Yunusabad district of Tashkent, from January 1, 2019, basic electricity consumption norms were introduced.
According to the figures on the results of the experiment, in January of this year, 72,115 consumers out of 85,870 (85%) used up to 300 kWh of electricity (on average, 90.3 kWh per household), and the remaining 13,755 consumers (16%) – more than 300 kWh (on average – 859.1 kWh).
In June, out of 86,272 consumers, 74,239 (86.1%) used up to 300 kWh of electricity (on average, 98.8 kWh per household), and the remaining 12,033 (13.9%) more than 300 kWh (on average 1082.8 kWh per household).
Analyzing the results of June, it can be seen that the share of consumers up to 300 kWh of electricity increased from 84% to 86.1% (increased by 2.1%), and the share of consumers over 300 kWh of electricity decreased from 16% to 13.9% (by 2.1%). Cash inflows increased by 60%, losses dropped sharply. Since the experiment has proved itself fruitful, by the end of the year it is planned to introduce it in Tashkent, partly in Samarkand, Bukhara and Jizzakh,” the minister said.
It should be recalled that within the framework of the basic norms, the consumer will pay at the established tariff, and above the basic rate – with the use of a 1.2-fold increase to the established tariff.