The Justice Ministry of Uzbekistan explained in what cases bloggers should delete comments under posts.
According to the law “On Informatization”, the use of the website and (or) the website page is not allowed for:
- calling for violent change of the existing constitutional system, territorial integrity of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- propaganda of war, violence and terrorism, as well as the ideas of religious extremism, separatism and fundamentalism;
- disclosure of information constituting state secrets or other secret protected by law;
- dissemination of information that incites national, racial, ethnic or religious hatred, as well as discrediting the honor and dignity or business reputation of citizens, allowing interference in their private lives;
- propaganda of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursors;
- propaganda of pornography;
- commitment of other actions entailing criminal and other liability in accordance with the law.
“Thus, if there are comments under the posts, appeals that contain the above information, bloggers will have to remove these comments in accordance with the requirements of the law,” the Justice Ministry said.
It should be recalled that earlier the head of the Agency for Information and Mass Communications Komil Allamjonov made an official statement regarding the dissemination of false, defamatory information and measures against violations. He demanded that bloggers should delete “illegal information”.