The state will compensate the public and businesses for the purchase of renewable energy source (RES) installations, water heaters, and other energy-efficient equipment, follows from the decree of President Shavkat Mirziyoyev.
An order is being introduced according to which, from January 1, 2020, several activities are financed from the state budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan within the limits of annually approved parameters.
Individuals will be provided with compensation in the amount of 30% of the costs of acquiring solar photovoltaic stations, solar water heaters, as well as energy-efficient gas burner devices, but not more than:
- 3 million soums - for solar photovoltaic stations;
- 1.5 million soums - for solar water heaters;
- 200 thousand soums - for gas burner devices.
In addition, compensation is established for individuals and legal entities to cover interest expenses on loans from commercial banks for the purchase of RES installations, energy-efficient gas burner devices and boilers, as well as other energy-efficient equipment:
- to individuals - on loans, the amount of which does not exceed 500 million soums - in the part exceeding the refinancing rate of the Central Bank of Uzbekistan, which is not more than 8 percentage points;
- to legal entities - on loans, the amount of which does not exceed 5 billion soums - in the part that exceeds the refinancing rate of the Central Bank, which is not more than 5 percentage points.