A Health Code of Uzbekistan will be developed. This is stated in the draft program for development and submission of bills to the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis in 2020.
It is noted that the bill is provided for in item 7 of the Program of measures to implement the development concept of the healthcare system in the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2019-2021, approved by the presidential decree signed on December 7, 2018.
The draft code provides for:
- integration of current healthcare legislation;
- basic terms that define healthcare;
- healthcare system and organization of medical care;
- determination of medical and pharmaceutical activities, determination of the scope and types of services provided;
- state regulation, management and control of healthcare, as well as interagency cooperation;
- healthcare system financing;
- organization of sanitary-epidemiological control;
- establishing standards for educational and scientific activities in the field of healthcare;
- rights and obligations of the parties in legal relations in the field of healthcare;
- legal regulation of certain types of medical and pharmaceutical activities and others.
Responsible executors are the Ministry of Health, the Institute of Legislative Problems and Parliamentary Studies under Oliy Majlis, the National Chamber of Innovative Health, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Economy and Industry. The deadline for submission to the Cabinet of Ministers – July 1, 2020, and the approximate deadline for submission to the Legislative Chamber – August 1, 2020.