The Bureau of Compulsory Enforcement will stop collecting debts from the population for gas and electricity supply starting August 1.
To remind, in mid-June the President signed the decree on additional measures to improve the sale of natural gas and electric energy.
According to the document, starting August 1 this year, certain tasks and powers of the BCE have been transferred to other organizations:
- The Ministry of Energy will now control the introduction of modern automated systems for monitoring and accounting consumption of electricity and gas, as well as alternative sources of energy;
- Territorial enterprises of JSC Regional Electric Networks and regional gas supply organizations of JSC Hudugazataminot will ensure completeness and timeliness of payments, reduction of consumers’ debts, as well as accounting for the sale and consumption of electrical energy and natural gas;
- JSC Regional Electric Networks and regional gas supply organizations of JSC Hudugazataminot and relevant law enforcement bodies will be responsible for detecting and preventing theft and illegal connection to electric grids and gas distribution networks;
- Ministry of Energy, JSC Regional Electric Networks and JSC Hudugazataminot will also take measures to increase the legal culture and the responsibility of consumers for rational use of electric energy and natural gas;
- Ministry of Energy will conduct a comprehensive analysis to identify systemic problems and elaborate proposals for improvement of the payment system for energy resources.
In addition, since July 1, JSC Uztransgaz has been assigned functions for the sale of natural gas from JSC Hudugazataminot to consumers connected to the main gas delivery system.
Moreover, the Ministry of Energy, together with JSC Uztransgaz and JSC Hudugazataminot, was entrusted to ensure rescheduling receivables and payables for natural gas supplied to the domestic market (with the exception of consumers connected to the main gas delivery system) as well as to introduce an automated system of natural gas monitoring and accounting for all categories of consumers by the end of 2021.