The leadership of the Ministry of Pre-school Education of Uzbekistan held a meeting with the head of the humanitarian organization Mercy Corps (USA) in Tashkent.
At the meeting, the parties discussed future projects and initiatives, which includes:
- Increasing the attendance rate of children through the provision of daily nutritious meals in 410 kindergartens;
- Improving the literacy of pre-school children through age-appropriate activities and materials;
- Training of teachers and strengthening measures to support reading by society and the family;
- Improving the infrastructure of kindergartens and the learning environment through the renovation of kitchen units, classrooms and the upgrading of water and sewerage systems;
- Improving the knowledge of cooks, parents and staff of the department of public information on nutrition, health, hygiene practices and safe food preparation and storage.
The Republic of Karakalpakstan and the Surkhandarya region will be the first to implement the initiatives. The project is expected to last for five years starting in 2021.
The meeting resulted in a decision to prepare the parties for the signing of a memorandum of understanding and cooperation.