11:56 / 29.04.2022

Two students of KIUF commit suicide in Fergana

An 18-year-old girl and a 19-year-old boy were found hanged. According to the psychological and psychiatric examination, the young people had an emotional experience.

Photo: Presidential press service

On December 30 last year, the bodies of D.Kh. (born in 2003) and S.I. (born in 2002) were found hanged on the territory of a farm in the “Afrosiyob” mahalla, Fergana city, the regional prosecutor’s office of Fergana reported.

It turned out that D.Kh. was a student of the 1st year of the Korean International University in Fergana (KIUF), S.I. – 2nd year student.

According to the conclusion of the chief suicidologist of the regional health department, it was not possible to establish reasons for the suicide due to insufficient information.

According to the preliminary forensic medical opinion of the branch of the Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Forensic Medical Examination, the death of D.Kh. and S.I. occurred as a result of mechanical asphyxia caused by strangulation in the neck.

The senior investigator of the Fergana city prosecutor’s office Karimov D. conducted a pre-investigation check on the case, and on January 29, 2022, a decision was made to refuse to initiate a criminal case under Article 83-2 of the Criminal Procedural Code (grounds for rehabilitation).

Later it was established that this decision was made prematurely without a full pre-investigation check and in violation of Article 22 of the Criminal Procedural Code (establishing the truth).

On February 17, the case was referred for further investigation. During the pre-investigation check, classmates of the deceased were interviewed.

According to the conclusion of a comprehensive forensic psychological-psychiatric examination, in the last days of S.I. and D.H., emotional experiences were observed based on relations not only between them, but also between parents and close people, which led to a violation of resistance to a socio-psychological crisis and suicide.

After an additional investigation, it was found that S.I. and D.Kh. committed suicide, in connection with this, on March 17, a decision was made to refuse to initiate a criminal case in accordance with Article 83-2 of the Criminal Procedural Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan.