The presidential decree “On measures to effectively organize the activities of the Ministry of Preschool and School Education and organizations within its system” was adopted.
From September 1, 2023:
• the school director is given the right to independently decide the issues of hiring and firing his deputies, making up to 15% changes to the curriculum within the allocated total hours;
• the powers of the district (city) pre-school and school education departments to inspect school activities and assess the quality of education will be revoked;
• Boards of Directors consisting of the most experienced school principals will be formed in the regions;
• school principals are appointed by regional administrations based on the recommendation of the Board of Directors on the basis of an open competition.
From January 1, 2024, a system of professional certification of school principals will be introduced every 5 years. In this case, the directors who failed to pass the certification will be dismissed from their positions in the prescribed manner.
The following will be cancelled:
• the practice of making recommendations by the district (city) center of spirituality and enlightenment in the appointment of deputy directors for spiritual and educational affairs;
• procedure for referral by regional departments of the competent state body in the field of sports and methodists of sports schools for the recruitment of physical education teachers.
From January 1, 2024:
• after the birth of the child, he is registered online at the school attached to the micro-district at the address of permanent residence;
• the admission plan of schools for each academic year is formed on the e-platform my.maktab.uz
From the 2023/2024 academic year, one modern “Barkamol Avlod” children’s school will be established in each region based on the “Syrdarya experience”.