On July 28, the President signed a decree “On additional measures to provide material support to the population in need of social protection”.
According to the document, from August 1 of this year:
- the amount of benefits for elderly citizens who do not have the necessary work experience will be 568,000 soums per month (now – 535,000 soums);
- the minimum amount of an old-age pension for incomplete work experience, taking into account additional payments – 568,000 soums per month;
- allowance for a legal representative of a child who is caring for a disabled child under 18 years of age in need of external care – 568,000 soums per month;
- allowance for one disabled family member of the recipient of the survivor’s benefit – 568,000 soums per month, with an addition of 198,000 soums for each next disabled member of such families;
- the minimum amount of pension for one disabled family member of the recipient of the survivor’s pension is 568,000 soums per month with the payment of a pension to each next disabled family member in accordance with the current procedure.
It should be recalled that the allowance for the legal representative of a child caring for a disabled child under 18 years of age in need of external care was introduced from April 1, 2022.
On March 28 this year, the President signed a decree “On increasing wages, pensions and benefits”. According to the document, since April 1, 2023, pensions and benefits have increased by 7%.
Earlier, it was also reported that based on the inflation rate for 2022 (annual), the cost of the minimum consumer spending for 2023 amounted to 568,000 soums per person per month.