On the New Year’s Eve at 00:00, festive fireworks will be held in Tashkent, the press service of the capital's administration reported. Fireworks will be organized in three places – at the National Park, as well as in Yunusabad and Chilanzar districts. They can be watched live on TV channels of the National Television and Radio Company of Uzbekistan.
The most convenient places to observe the fireworks:
• the square “Friendship of nations” with the adjacent streets Bunyodkor and Babur;
• parts of the street Bunyodkor and the small circle road in the area of the stadium “Milliy”;
• blocks 2, 4, 12 and 13 in Yunusabad district.
At the suggestion of the Department of Transport and Road Infrastructure Development of Tashkent, as well as in compliance with the decision of the capital’s khokim, the company “Toshshakhartranskhizmat” will organize buses that will take citizens to metro stations and other places after fireworks from the city center (the streets near the square “Friendship of nations” will be closed to cars).
In accordance with the report of the company’s press service, the buses will be waiting in four places:
• at the intersection of Furkat and Navoi streets - 10 buses;
• at the intersection of Karatash and Samarkand Darvoza streets - 10 buses;
• at the intersection of Bunyodkor and Islam Karimov streets - 11 buses;
• at the intersection of Babur and Urikzor streets - 10 buses.
In addition, the operation of bus routes, running near 17 places of New Year's festivities, has been extended to 01:00. Additional employees will be on duty to control the movement of buses at the final stations.