On December 16, three people died of carbon monoxide poisoning in the Yangiyul district of the Tashkent region.
This was announced at a meeting chaired by the President on Wednesday.
“Everybody is concerned about the increasing number of gas incidents and outbreaks. So far this year, 56 cases of gas poisoning and 106 outbreaks have been recorded, resulting in 106 deaths, 190 poisonings and burns. Today, three people died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the Yangiyul district. Prime Minister Abdulla Aripov has to critically analyze the activities of the MES Fire Department and propose concrete measures for the creation of a new system,” Mirziyoyev said.
The meeting also noted the necessity to carry out fire prevention work in social facilities, especially in orphanages, schools, pre-school and medical institutions.