According to the Health Ministry of Kazakhstan, the coronavirus death toll has climbed to 12, 110 people have recovered from the disease so far.
Another six coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Kazakhstan over the past 24 hours, the total number of the infected has reached 979, TASS said with reference to the Health Ministry of Kazakhstan.
“Another six coronavirus cases have been recorded, four in Nur-Sultan, one in the North Kazakhstan Region and one in the East Kazakhstan Region,” the ministerial press service said.
A patient born in 1936 has died in the Akmola region. The coronavirus death toll has thus climbed to 12, 110 patients have recovered.
On March 15, Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev signed a decree declaring a state of emergency in the country until April 15 over coronavirus. Additionally, it was decided to impose a lockdown in Nur-Sultan and Almaty from March 19. Later on, the head of state ordered to toughen lockdown measures in all regions of the country. On April 10, he said that the state of emergency would be extended until the end of this month.