The quarantine will be relaxed in Uzbekistan starting from August 15, restrictions on traffic movement will be lifted.
In order to maintain the stability of socio-economic and other spheres in the current pandemic situation in Uzbekistan, to ensure a decent standard of living and favorable conditions for the effective operation of business entities, the Special Republican Commission decided to gradually ease quarantine restrictions.
According to the decision of the Special Republican Commission, the followings have been allowed:
From August 15, 2020:
• free movement of vehicles during the day;
• local air and rail communications. In this regard, it is necessary to take measures to thoroughly disinfect the relevant aircraft and railway carriages (each seat) every time before their operation and to install air decontamination equipment.
From August 17, 2020, the followings will be allowed:
a) resumption of road traffic between the regions (Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and the city of Tashkent);
b) the movement of public transport (except for the metro), including city (district) and suburban buses. To organize this transport activity, the following requirements must be complied with:
• the body temperature of a driver and conductors is measured in pyrometers before each trip. If their body temperature is at 37 degrees and above, they should not be allowed to drive the vehicle. They must wear a medical mask and gloves before each trip;
• passengers must wear medical masks on public transport and maintain the social distance;
• the vehicle (including each seat) must be thoroughly disinfected before each trip.